Give Kids a Fighting Chance
Help Make This Summer Fun and Fulfilling for Kids!
Sponsor a Family
Children’s services in Ontario are mandated and funded by the government through agencies such as ours. However operational funding does not cover everything. In order to bridge the gap, as a registered charity, we raise funds for programs aimed at improving the lives of children and youth in our care and for families we work with in the community.
These programs enhance children’s lives with activities such as summer camp, tutoring, arts instruction, and music lessons. For children involved with SMFC, these are the activities that engage them and help them through the everyday struggles and stresses, that are often far greater than average.
Education is the cornerstone for a child or youth’s success.
Some families that we work with struggle with basic necessities to support the well-being of their children and need help with clothing, furnishings such as cribs and
Activities we fund directly help more than 3,000 children and youth working with us annually through a variety of programs.
The well-being of children and families is important to everyone in our community. With your financial support we can continue to provide programs that enrich and education children and youth and help strengthen families who are dealing with unique stresses.
Ways to donate:
- Make a general donation through our secure site on Canada Helps.
- Donate in honour of a special person. You can make a donation to honour someone special. Perhaps it’s a birthday, anniversary or just to say thank you.
- Donate in memory of a loved one. We will send a card indicating your wishes and support.
- Provide a planned gift or bequest. A gift arranged during your lifetime, but not available until sometime in the future can be a wonderful way to help children in the long term.
- Provide a gift in kind of products or services. There are many items that children and families need throughout the year to help them overcome barriers they face. We are able to provide a charitable tax receipt for the value of the items or services that qualify.