Agency We are a Child Welfare and Child & Youth Mental Health agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area just north of Toronto we provide the opportunity to combine a career with a lifestyle of your choice.
The Job We are recruiting for 1 permanent position based in the Orillia office and 1 permanent position based in the Bradford office. The successful applicants will report to the Family Support Team Service Manager. The incumbent will have family support caseload responsibilities. Primary duties include; providing support to parents as determined by the outcome plan; working with parents to enhance or develop their working knowledge and skills using positive parenting practices; ensuring parents have been provided information/knowledge of community resources; observing, teaching, documenting and contributing to the assessment of parenting and providing a coordinated time and goal approach to service; documentation responsibilities in accordance with the legislation and agency procedures; and other duties as assigned by the Service Manager. This is a Bargaining Unit position with CUPE Local 5319.
- Post-Secondary education in the Human Services field – i.e. Child & Youth Worker, Social Services or Addictions/Mental Health Diploma.
- Experience working with at-risk children and their families.
- Training in the parenting interventions of Triple P, Therapeutic Access and other evidence-informed models.
- Strong assessment skills to be aware of and respond to the client’s learning style in order to provide information and assistance as required.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise reports and able to meet deadlines and other administrative requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression values and principles.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Compensation The salary range is $52,764 to $65,101, commensurate with experience and leave provisions as per our Collective Agreement.
Applications by May 9, 2019.
Please apply to: Internal Candidates Login WFN>Myself>Talent>Career Center (0419-1468)
External Candidates External FSW Orillia and Bradford (0419-1468)