The incumbent will report to the Service Manager in the branch office and will have child protection responsibilities. Primary duties include: investigating and assessing matters pertaining to children in need of protection; providing support services to clients; providing services to children in care; documentation responsibilities in accordance with the legislation and agency procedures; providing community outreach; and other duties as assigned by the Service Manager. This is a Bargaining Unit position with CUPE Local 5319.
- A Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work degree is preferred. A degree in Social Sciences from an accredited University, in combination with several years of child welfare experience will also be considered.
- A thorough knowledge of child welfare case management, and the CYFSA.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and support people in risk situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression values and principles is important.
- An appreciation of and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a highly desired asset.
Note: Our current Collective Agreement has provisions for the following: Where an applicant from an Ontario Child Welfare Organization is successful in a job competition, service-based entitlements for wages and vacation shall be based on the length of his/ her most recent period of continuous service. The foregoing does not apply to seniority-based entitlements.
Compensation The salary range is $64,825 to $82,000 commensurate with experience
Applications by: February 24th, 2019
Please apply to: Internal Candidates Login WFN > Myself > Talent > Career Center (1459)
External Candidates CPW Float and Contract various locations (0219) (1459)