Service Manager Up to 1-year contract – Orillia
We are a Child Welfare and Children’s Mental Health agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area about one hour north of Toronto, we provide the opportunity to combine the career and lifestyle of your choice.
SMFC is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.
Reporting to a Senior Service Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the service programs and staff. Responsibilities will include: providing case management consultation and direction to case workers consistent with Agency and government policy and standards, carrying out human resource responsibilities (e.g. hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, performance counselling), project and service plan development and implementation, budget management responsibilities, community liaison activities, participating as a member of the agency’s management team in other agency initiatives as may be assigned and other duties as assigned by the Senior Service Lead. This is a non-unionized position.
- A Master of Social Work/Bachelor of Social Work is preferred. We will consider a related degree with demonstrated intent to obtain a BSW/MSW.
- At least 2 years of Child Welfare management experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+yrs child welfare experience.
- Sound knowledge of the total operation of a child welfare organization, with a thorough understanding of protection and children in care issues.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and theoretical knowledge related to the management of people and other resources.
- Excellent administrative, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed leadership, communication, and mediation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to create and sustain informal and formal networks.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and motivating individuals.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression values and principles.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a highly desired asset.
Note: Our current Collective Agreement has provisions for the following: Where an applicant from an Ontario Child Welfare Organization is successful in a job competition, service-based entitlements for wages and vacation shall be based on the length of his/ her most recent period of continuous service. The foregoing does not apply to seniority-based entitlements.
Compensation: The salary range is $75,302 to $102,750 commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package, vacation and leave provisions.
Applications by: July 12, 2019
Please apply to: Internal Candidates: Login WFN > Myself > Talent > Career Center > 1480)
External Candidates: Service Manager – Orillia – 1-year Contract (0619)(1480)