Bilingual Float Protection Team Leader 1-year Contract (0419)(1472)
We are a Child Welfare and Children’s Mental Health agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area just north of Toronto we provide the opportunity to combine a career with a lifestyle of your choice.
This is an up to 1-year, Bilingual Float Protection Team Leader position with a requirement to float between our FLS and Barrie Protection Service teams to start. Primary duties include: To mentor and coach new staff and to be a resource for coworkers with regards to case management and agency policies and procedures. To provide strength based anti-oppressive client services which ensure the safety and well-being of children in accordance with Society policies and procedures, Ministry Regulations, Standards and Directives, and relevant legislation. In addition, this position will provide peer consultations and support the Service Manager. This is a Bargaining Unit position with CUPE Local 5319.
- A Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work degree is preferred. A degree in Social Sciences from an accredited University in combination with several years’ child welfare experience will also be accepted with a demonstrated intent to acquire a BSW/MSW degree or RSW designation.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in delivering child protection services is required.
- Demonstrated skill in collaboration across organization departments and functions.
- A thorough knowledge, understanding and application of the CFSA, child welfare case management, Society policies, procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and support people in risk situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer software skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook and CPIN.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proven experience in providing mentorship and guidance in a team setting.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required and proficiency will be tested.
Compensation The salary range is $66,367 to $84,546 commensurate with experience.
Applications By: May 1, 2019
Please apply to: Internal Candidates: Login WFN>Myself>Talent>Career Center (1472)
External Candidates: External Candidates Bilingual TLead 1 yr contract (0419)(1472)