Why work at SMFC?
Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions is a diverse and progressive child protection and family services agency. Our services are provided in French for our Francophone clients and community partners and holistic and culturally based for the First Nations, Métis and Inuit population in our region. We proudly recognize that our work is collaborative and includes our community.
Located in the heart of central Ontario, serving the County of Simcoe and the District of Muskoka, our head office is located in Barrie with branch offices in Bracebridge, Collingwood, Huntsville, Midland and Orillia.
We currently employ approximately 350 people in a variety of protection, resource, support, legal and administrative positions some of which are designated French/English bilingual positions.
As a progressive and supportive employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive salary and benefits in a unionized environment
- Extended Health and Dental coverage plans
- Health Care Spending Account that you can spend on benefits that are important to you
- OMERS pension plan
Child protection work is very rewarding but can also be personally taxing. Some programs available to promote wellness include:
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- An internal Peer Support Program
- Four weeks of vacation to start Save & Exit
- Generous short term and long term sick and disability plans
- A very active Health, Safety and Wellness committee dedicated to promoting activities that promote physical, emotional and spiritual well-being
- A scent-free workplace
- Active anti-oppression initiatives
- Up-to-date technological solutions to assist with your work
- Progressive training and development opportunities
Accommodation at Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.